Connectivity Enhancement: Construction and rehabilitation works and related activities to upgrade Gautam Buddha Airport to a regional international airport, Category 4E, as per the relevant guidelines of the International Civil Aviation Organization.
Destination Improvements: Construction and rehabilitation works to improve on-site infrastructure (including – without limitation - landscaping, water supply, sanitation, drainage, and waste management), site presentation, a visitor information centre and other facilities at the Lumbini world heritage site.
Fostering Community Participation:
- Implementing programs to promote awareness of, and develop skills of communities around the Lumbini world heritage site to participate in livelihood opportunities arising from heritage management and tourism;
Capacity Building— improving institutional capacity and developing human resources at: LDT to enhance
- Strategic planning
- Visitor management
- Environmental management
- Maintenance of site infrastructure
- Revenue generation and financial management
- Support for community participation in heritage tourism, and
- Support for preparation of master and management plans for the Lumbini World Heritage Site; as well as at MOTCA to improve through NTB the marketing and promotion of Lumbini and other Buddhist heritage sites; and at CAAN, to prepare a business plan for Gautam Buddha Airport and improve the operation and management of Gautam Buddha Airport; and
- Project Management— provision of equipment, logistical support and Consulting Services to MOTCA, CAAN and LDT for assistance with Project implementation, including incremental administration and funding costs of the PCU and PMIUs.